Saturday, July 26, 2014

04.10.11-sun tv-8 am-’வாங்க பேசலாம்’ between Raja and Bharati Bhaskar @ the problems in finding addresses-how women readily ask for directions while men doggedly refuse to do so-how we don’t find it necessary to get directions before setting out to a place any more,now that we are armed with mobiles and GPS etc.
Sent me down memory lane-the year was 1981-my junior LR and another girl, wished to visit me but the only info they had was that I lived in Tambaram Sanatorium. I didn’t have a phone connection and social media was unheard of-for that matter, so was internet.So off they march to the humble post office on the other side of the station and just utter my name (mind you, just the first name) to the postman. And what they get is not just the address, but the directions too! But what takes the cake and the icing on it has to be this- a postcard with just ‘லலி, ஞானாவின் பெண், கிழக்கு தாம்பரம்’ reaching my dear lalli atthai! Try telling this to the generation that ‘searches’ for its identity on facebook and linked in!

No comments:

Post a Comment